Preparing for Prom Season; Tips For NJ ParentsProm night is one of the most anticpiated nights on the teen calendar. From the moment your son or daughter find their date, to the moment they show up at the door. Every moment needs to count towards making the nigh both safe and special. Though you may worry about your child staying out late on prom night, hiring a chauffeured car for the most important social event of the year can transform prom night into an extraordinarily memorable, safe and enchanting evening for your teenager and, offer you,the parent the peace of mind to make it through!
The National Limousine Association provides these five tips when you hire a transportation service for your teenager’s big night:
1. Ask the transportation company for the Prom Promise. This is a document that teens sign in agreement of not drinking or taking drugs on prom night. Many limousine and chauffeured transportation companies offer this contract as a way to give parents an outlet to discuss the importance of safety on prom with their teens.
2. Give the transportation company a curfew. That’s right; the chauffeur will abide by any rules you set forth, and will make sure to pick up and drop off your kids at a designated hour. This is a great way ensure your kids make it home on time, no excuses.
3. Check with industry associations to make sure the company you choose is reputable. Organizations such as the National Limousine Association (NLA) and the local livery association are good indications that your service provider does their due diligence. If you are still stuck, consult www.nlaride.com. The National Limousine Association’s website lists limousine professionals by community. Consumers can compare services, pricing, vehicle availability and receive non-binding online price quotes.
4. Set some ground rules. As the parent, you have the right to tell the transportation company what will and will not be tolerated in the vehicle. For example, you can ask that the chauffeur keep the privacy screen down for the entire ride, so that he/she has a full grasp of what your kids are up to. If any of your rules are broken, the chauffeur can turn the car around and bring your kids home.
5. Remember to sit back and relax. A reputable company hires drivers with proper training and licensing. Theses chauffeurs are used to carting around excited passengers all day long, so they know how to keep things under control.
- Your neighbor! A Middlesex County Business since 1923
- Three generations of Family Ownership
- A TOP 75 U.S. Livery featured in LCT/Limousine Chauffeured Transportaion Magazine
- Acknowledged by The National Limousine Association
- Uniformed Chauffeurs (Black Suits & Signature Ties)
- 24/7 Service, Round-the-Clock, 365 days a year
Our luxurious Prom vehicles include:
- 14 Passenger Party Bus
- 6 to 7 Passenger Cadillac Limo
- 10 Passenger Lincoln Stretch “120”
- Lincoln Sedan “L” series
Please come visit us at: http://www.harringtonlimo.com/proms.html