If You Forget Your ID at the Airport, These Alternate IDs May Work

  • Posted on: 11, 19, 2014

alternate forms of ID for Airport blog whtframe By Dave Greenbaum for Lifehacker,
Nov. 16 2014

When you fly in the US, you need to show your driver’s license or passport to the TSA. If you forget yours or someone steals it at the airport, you may be able to prove your ID to security some other way.

The Points Guy collected stories from readers about what types of alternate IDs worked for them. Successful stories included:

  • Credit card
  • Smartphone photos of your ID
  • Police report for your stolen wallet or passport
  • Costco Card
  • Work Security Badge
  • Business card with photo
  • Student ID
  • Library Card
  • Checkbook
  • Magazine or utility bill with your name and address
  • Marriage license
  • DiplomaThey point out, though, the TSA does not officially accept any of them. They accept official government documents like a driver’s license or passport. So don’t bring these to the airport hoping they’ll work—this is only really useful if you lose your ID after you’ve arrived. Hit the link to read more. 12 Crazy Forms of ID To Get Through Airport Security | The Points Guy

    Link to original article on Lifehacker
    Photo by Grant Wickes.