How to achieve New Year’s Resolution.
New Years Resolution: This year will be different!
If you are like most people during the New Year you have made countless resolutions that have fallen by the wayside. Don’t feel bad if you’ve had trouble with keeping to your New Year’s resolutions in the past. This year can be different. This year will be different. Here are the steps you can take to ensure it is.
- Start with baby steps. You should always have an end goal to reach however, don’t let that be your only goal. You need to make each step on the way to the finish line a reason to celebrate. If your final goal is to lost 20 lbs. then celebrate the fact that you showed up at the gym for day one. If you’ve exercised for 3 weeks straight and haven’t seen any major weight lost results then celebrate the fact that you’ve made it 3 weeks straight without quitting.
- The most important thing is to “show up”. This can also be the hardest step for some people however, not showing up is the easiest way to guarantee you never succeed. Just like the great Wayne Gretzky said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
- Concentrate on building up momentum. It’s always hardest to push a car from a stand-still position however once it starts moving the momentum of the car makes the whole process much easier. This is also true with your New Year’s resolution. Starting will always be difficult but once you build up some momentum things will start coming along easier.
- Hold yourself accountable. Do not allow yourself to cut corners or take days off. You are the only person who can honestly judge whether you are putting forth your full effort or not. Make the decision to strive for your goals and don’t take no for an answer, not even from yourself.
- Stay Positive! You will without a doubt encounter many obstacles along your way but the key to succeeding is to stay positive even when you have trouble finding a reason. Positivity will carry you through your weakest moments. Stay strong and remember that with every step you take you’re fulfilling a promise to yourself. A promise to get better, a promise to be better and a promise to succeed.
A. Harrington Limousine Service (HLS) has been committed to excellence in the chauffeured ground transportation industry for over 90 years. With a renowned commitment to client satisfaction and quality assurance HLS is second to none in providing a quality experience for people on the move. If you would like information or to speak to an HLS Travel Consultant about your ground transportation solutions please, feel free to call us at 732-549-5500 or 1-800-458-LIMO (5466) or visit us at www.harringtonlimo.com “Anywhere you need us to be!”
Image Credit: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net